Tuesday, May 14, 2013

May Photo A Day, Day 14: Need

The Photo A Day prompt for today was "need." I'm really bringing this blog back to its roots with this one. Many of you may not know that when I started this blog, it had nothing to do with photography and everything to do with Graves' disease, an autoimmune disorder that caused me a lot of problems back in 2006 and 2007. It was rough, but thanks to modern medicine, it isn't anymore. Now, all I need is Synthroid.



I am so thankful for the little yellow pills that sustain my life. The fact that I cannot live without them is a poignant daily reminder of how fragile life is--how fragile I am and how little I can do on my own. Synthroid keeps my metabolism running, but it also keeps my perspective in check. Every morning, my need for this pill points me to my need for God.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I had no clue...and am in awe of your ability to candidly share...well described..."Need" is a great topic....and perspective on it at different times in our lives seems to be such a baseline review....it is refreshing-Thank you! Judi