Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Ash Wednesday

Remember when I shared photos from the Ocean Springs Mardi Gras parade last year? Well, I upped my game this year. The husband and I went to TWO New Orleans Mardi Gras parades over the weekend, and it was definitely an experience! These floats are amazing! Here are some of the shots I took of Muses on Thursday:


And some more from Endymion on Saturday:


New Orleans really does know how to laissez les bon temps rouler! It was a good time, indeed.

But of course, it's Ash Wednesday, so everything has changed. I've traded in celebration for sacrifice, the excessive plastic beads for a cross made of ashes on my forehead. Today I remember that I am fallen. That without Jesus, I am just dust, just ashes. Just... dead.

"For dust you are, and to dust you shall return..." (Genesis 3:19)


No comments: