Monday, August 5, 2013

August Photo A Day, Days 1-5

After a two-month hiatus, I've returned to Fat Mum Slim's Photo A Day for August. I haven't been able to blog the past few days, but I promise I took these photos on the right days. ;) Let's play a bit of catch-up, shall we?

Day 1's prompt was "something beginning with N." Thursday morning, I snapped a quick Instagram shot of some of my necklaces.


Friday night, I had a lot of fun in New Orleans with my husband--and a bunch of "seafood elite" and seafood chefs from around the country. It was an extravagant celebration with lots of eating, drinking, and being merry, so the day's prompt ("incomplete") was a bit ironic. I managed to take one photo that fit the bill, though. This plate of a dozen charbroiled oysters is incomplete because I had already eaten one. :)


Saturday was a fun day in NOLA, too. Alex and I got to attend the Great American Seafood Cook-off...to be aired on the Food Network in a few months! It was a good time, but I was inside all day, so it was a bit hard to take a picture of the day's prompt, "skyline." The best I could do was this photo of a painting of the New Orleans skyline.


Sunday's prompt was "fresh." I was a bit exhausted that day, but I managed to take a picture of this lemon after my grocery shopping trip.


Unfortunately, between those last two photos, Alex had a car accident. He's fine, but his car isn't, which brings me to today's photo. Since I had to drive him to work (he starts work an hour earlier than me), I was in my office an hour earlier than usual. Today's prompt was "early," so that worked out perfectly. :)


No comments: