Saturday, October 27, 2007

starving artist?


You may recall that, a while back, I mentioned the idea of trying to sell my collages. Well, I decided to go for it. I discovered etsy this summer, and I'm pretty much in love with it. And now, I have my very own shop there! I still feel like a bit of an imposter in the art world, but less so than I did at first. I'm pretty bad at the whole self-promotion thing, but I have gotten some positive feedback from people at indiepublic, an indie art and design community I joined, which is exciting. Also, 2 people have listed my shop as a favorite on etsy, and one (different) person has listed one of my collages as a favorite piece. I know that doesn't sound like a big deal (and maybe it isn't, really), but knowing that there are three people in the world who are moved by my work makes me feel pretty amazing. It makes me feel vindicated. It makes me feel like an artist.

No comments: