Wednesday, August 15, 2007

tuesday's child

Full of grace? Perhaps, but only because I'm kneeling at the feet of Jesus, who has plenty to give.

And what better physical representation of Christ's healing power than JESUS BAND-AIDS?! Hahahaha. Katie sent me these for my birthday, and I laughed out loud for quite some time. They're pretty fantastic. I sported one on the bug bite on my foot all day, and it totally made my day 10 times better.

Not that my day needed improvement. This has been the best birthday I've had in a long time. I was a little disappointed that I couldn't celebrate with my brother (whose birthday was yesterday), but things turned out to be simply wonderful anyway. Granny took me out to lunch, which was very nice. Then I went out to dinner with Ashley, my next-door neighbor/best-friend-since-I-was-four, and our moms (sadly, Dad is having severe back problems and was unable to join us... perhaps he needs a Jesus band-aid?) It was quite a delight. Ashley just returned from Memphis, where she was working for the summer, so we had a lot of catching up to do. She's the sort of friend with whom I always pick up right where I left off, regardless of how much time has passed since we last talked. I have missed her so much. I love her like a sister, and getting to discuss life with her tonight was an absolute joy. It wasn't a present or a cake, but it was exactly what I wanted for my birthday.

And she gave me a compliment of the highest order: "Talking to you is like therapy," she said. I think it dawned on me then more than it really had yet how far I've come in the last few months. I feel healthy. And happy. I had honestly forgotten what happiness was like, but this is it. And I like it.

Jesus does heal. Hallelujah.

No comments: